95 lbs. and overweight
I winced as I saw the number show up on the scale
It was the first time I had ever checked my weight
I was heavier than I thought.
The obsession started then.
Back at the party,
I didn’t eat anything the rest of the night.
In the days proceeding,
I passed on seconds
skipped breakfast,
Ate a minimal amount of food at school
And popcorn for dinner.
I cringed at my reflection
My thighs the size of tidal waves,
Rippling as I walked
My empty stomach looked as if
I just ate a large thanksgiving dinner
I weighed myself every day hoping to shed the pounds
The scale became my mood ring
too high, and my day was ruined.
It started the day
when my older sister called me fat.
this happened in middle school.. don't worry cause I'm totally fine now :)

4 comments:
wow thats deep and im glad ur over it good job showing not telling
good job describing how the situation felt to you, being able to write this and admit that show self confidance right there, very good
im glad you got over it and are doing well now. as bad as it sounds they way you described your
"tidal wave thighs" really shows how you felt about the way you looked. :]
really good job i like your poem a don't think theres anything you should change about it. and thats good your over :)
Post a Comment